Healthy Zucchini Bread Recipe for Bread Maker
This healthy zucchini bread recipe is surprisingly delicious and hearty. This bread maker version is yeast-free. The chocolate may be substituted by using carob morsels.
Dairy and egg free, we also use non-bleached all-purpose flour and only 3/4 cup of raw cane sugar for the entire loaf.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup carob or semi-sweet chocolate pieces
3 eggs or egg substitute
1/3 cup of canola oil
3/4 cup raw cane sugar
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepare the bread pan. Make sure bread pan is clean and dry. Spray pan an kneading blade with nonstick cooking spray. Place the kneading blade into the bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1tbsp. of flour carob pieces, and walnuts (if used) and set aside.
- Add the following to bread pan in the order listed: egg replacement, oil, remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, salt, and allspice, zucchini, and flour/carob/walnut mixture.
- Insert pan in bread maker and close lid. Use instructions for "Quickbread." Cooks approximately 2.75 hours. Serves 8 to 10.
- This is a low-fat, low-cholesterol recipe
- Rich in beta-carotene, folic acid, and potassium
Return from Healthy Zucchini Bread to Start Living Healthy Recipes